Kings hope for six of the best
THE Southern Kings will be allowed six foreign players next year in their Super 15 debut, said a rugby insider.
Though only two foreign players are currently allowed, it is expected that the Kings' application for an exception will be approved by Sanzar next month.
The foreign players are likely to come from Argentina, but Kings president Cheeky Watson said he would reveal the names of three of five later this week.
The Kings said they had been unable to sign new European players because the window for transfers had been closed. Also, South African players under contract would only be available next May.
The Lions have also refused to lend players to the Kings for next year's Super 15.
The Kings play the Western Force in Port Elizabeth on February 23 in their opening match of the tournament.