Schalke dispel Alves rumours
Schalke have dismissed rumours that the club are lining up a move for Barcelona right-back Dani Alves as "utter nonsense".
The Brazil international recently underwent surgery on a broken collarbone he sustained in training last week. The injury ruled him out of Barca's 3-0 win over Athletic Bilbao in Friday's Copa del Rey final, as Pep Guardiola ended his tenure at the Nou Camp on a high.
There have been suggestions that Alves could follow Guardiola out the door in the off-season. However, Schalke general manager Horst Heldt insists there has been no contact with the 29-year-old defender.
"Dani Alves is a world-class footballer, it is no doubt at all. But these messages are just utter nonsense." Heldt told his club's official website.
"We have never made an offer, we have had no contact with the player or his advisers, nor has he been offered to us. I do not [comment on rumours], but in this case, the public creates a completely false picture of our personnel policy.
"Of course, we are currently planning for next season and see many opportunities to improve our quality squad. However, we have always said that we continue with our policy, consistently."